Why are you making unconditional offers to some students?
When we review applications we identify applicants who have demonstrated both academic achievement and passion for their subject. We believe these applicants will thrive at Plymouth University and our offer of an unconditional place demonstrates our commitment to such students and their future progression.
How do you choose which applicants are invited to the Potential High Achievers Scheme?
Applicants who are recognised upon application as being predicted to exceed our entry requirements and have a passion for their subject in their personal statement will be selected for the scheme. Only outstanding applicants are invited to the scheme.
How do I sign up to the scheme?
The Potential High Achievers Scheme is by invitation only; you will receive a letter from the Head of School giving you the opportunity to secure an unconditional offer if you are eligible.
I have received a letter inviting me to the Potential High Achievers Scheme, how do I accept my unconditional offer?
You will have received a standard conditional offer before being invited to the scheme, it will be updated to an unconditional offer when you choose Plymouth University as your firm choice on UCAS Track. An unconditional offer is a sign of our commitment to you and we ask you to commit to Plymouth University in return.
Is there a deadline for me to accept the invitation to join the scheme?
We believe it is important for you to receive all your UCAS offers in order to make an informed decision on the best university and course for you. The only deadlines therefore are the standard UCAS deadline to make your first and second choices which is 2 May 2018.
What if I don't achieve my predicted grades?
An unconditional offer is exactly that, unconditional, so you will still have your place on the course. However, you will have been selected for the Potential High Achievers Scheme because of your outstanding application and commitment to your studies. We hope that the unconditional offer will reduce some of the worry for you in what it a stressful time, and allow you to concentrate on your studies.
Your exam results will stay with you throughout your career and employers will look to these as well as your degree classification so it is important you achieve the best results you can.
Can I change my course or defer my place after I am made an unconditional offer through Potential High Achievers Scheme?
You can change your chosen course to another Faculty of Business course and stay within the scheme but if transferring to a course outside the Faculty of Business your unconditional offer will not be guaranteed.
If you are unsure of what course you want to study or year you want to start university, contact our Admissions Team who will be happy to talk to you about your options.
Do I have to accept the invitation to join the Potential High Achievers Scheme?
No you don't have to accept. You will have received a standard conditional offer before being sent the letter inviting you to the scheme and you can treat this offer the same way as you would any other conditional UCAS offer. You can decline the offer or make it your insurance choice (please be aware that accepting the offer as your insurance choice means it will remain a conditional offer).
If you accept us as your firm choice you will still be made unconditional unless you contact us to inform us you would like to continue with a conditional firm offer.
Does the scheme apply to international applicants as well?
Unfortunately, due to the visa restrictions we are unable to extend the scheme to overseas applicants.
1. Only UK and EU applicants to full-time undergraduate degree courses within the Faculty of Business will be considered for this scheme. International status applicants/students will not be considered.
2. Applications are considered based on UCAS application data, including academic criteria being met and the individuals personal statement.
3. Applicants must meet the academic criteria of the course they have applied for, or be on course to receive A level results to meet the minimum entry criteria.
4. Applicants with any other outstanding conditions, for example proof of English language or mathematics, will not be considered for this scheme.
5. Applicants must choose Plymouth University as their first choice by 3 May 2018 in order to be eligible to receive an unconditional offer.
6. Feedback is only available on request, and is at the discretion of the Faculty of Business Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions Team.
7. Applicants who wish to be considered for this scheme, and who have not been contacted directly, must do so in writing to the Faculty of Business Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions Team before 1 April 2018.
8. An unconditional offer decision is final, Plymouth University will honour the offer of a place to any applicants successful in this scheme.