What features does Office Online have?
Office Online is a cut-down version of the normal Office suite of desktop programs, with a streamlined interface and decluttered options. As a general recommendation, Office Online is best suited to creating simple documents - if required, use the desktop version to add more complex formatting.
- Print from browser - A single click to open a PDF on your desktop which you can print straight away.
- Open in desktop app - If you’re trying to make an edit which is not allowed in the online version, you can simply click a button to open the document in your desktop program. This will save back to the OneDrive when you're finished editing.
- Autosave - No need to click save - all changes are automatically saved shortly after you make them.
- Standard Office interface - Office Online uses the same ribbon as on the desktop, so you don’t need to
worry about learning a whole new set of terms.
- Ease of access - Through OneDrive using any of the Office systems, including collaborating with others.