Our aim is to promote and maintain the health, safety and welfare of the University of Plymouth staff.
We offer a range of services to support staff including:
- support for staff returning from any period of sickness
- health surveillance under COSHH 2002
- advice and support for disabled staff
- confidential appointments for staff on health issues
- rehabilitation plans/fitness for work advice
- workplace/workstation assessments
- drivers and health screening
- employment screening.
Vaccinations for Health Professionals
For information regarding vaccinations for medical and dental students, please contact Derriford Occupational Health on +44 1752 437222. All other health professionals should contact Exeter Occupational Health on +44 1392 405800.
Overseas travel information
Employee Assistance Programme
In partnership with Care First (Employee Assistance Programme), the University of Plymouth offers support for all employees on a wide range of issues affecting work and personal lives.
Care First offers an easily accessible 24/7 helpline and online service with access to a range of resources, including:
- Telephone Helplines (Counselling, Information & Advice)
- Face to Face Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Information and Advice
- Health and Wellbeing
- Critical/Traumatic Incident Responses
- Stress Management Programmes
To speak to a consultant/counsellor: Call: 0808 168 2143
Plymouth Stop Smoking Service: advice on giving up smoking
We know that stopping smoking isn't easy, so if you're planning to stop and would like support in quitting for good, contact Live well Southwest 01752 437177
Occupational Health, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, 2 Kirkby Terrace, Plymouth, PL4 8AA. The building has disabled access to the rear - please press the intercom button to alert staff for entry.