What do we do?
Quality assurance and enhancement
- Institutional-level input to HEFCE Annual Provider Review and HEFCE assurance review (HAR) visits
- Key contact for the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) co-ordinating responses to relevant consultations
- Support the development of new collaborative initiatives.
Approval and review
- Develop guidance for approval and review processes.
- Manage periodic review events across the University and our partners.
- Manage approval events for our partners.
Quality Assurance Handbook: Taught Programmes
- Maintain the Quality Assurance Handbook. This contains key processes, forms and guidance for taught programmes.
- Manage the appointment of External Examiners and advise on their reporting requirements.
- Produce an annual overview of the issues raised in External Examiners’ reports.
- Offer an annual conference for all newly appointed External Examiners.
- Maintain the University of Plymouth Registers of Collaborative Academic Partnerships and Professional Statutory and Regulatory Bodies (PRSBs).
- Work closely with a range of key University committees and sub-committees including:
- Academic Development and Partnerships Committee
- University of Plymouth International College Strategic Partnership Management Board and Academic Advisory Committee
- External Examiners’ Sub-Committee
- Teaching, Learning and Quality Committee
- Academic Regulations’ Sub-Committee.