Are you worried about being interviewed by a journalist? Would you like some interview practice? As part of our news service, and with trained journalists on the team, we can:
- provide dedicated media training
- offer 'refresher' interview tips
- advise on 'all the tricks of the trade'
- tailor a course to meet the specific needs of particular teams or departments in the University.
In association with personnel and development, and for those staff asked to represent the University at the highest levels, we also provide intensive media training courses run by a senior journalist. Media training means professionally preparing staff and/or students to give media interviews. If you are involved in external engagement or thinks you might need to in the future, media training will help you:
- boost public speaking confidence
- learn more about how the media works
- better equip you to showcase research expertise
- reach out to the community.
Refresher courses, tailored one-to-one sessions and more comprehensive half day courses are all available dependent on experience and individual/group needs. For more information about media training please contact Karen Mason, Head of Media and Communications.