Welcome to the Genetic Toxicology & Ecotoxicology (GTE) Research Group. GTE is a team of dynamic and forward looking researchers, led by Professor Awadhesh Jha.
Using cutting edge technologies and a range of models, members of GTE carry out research across a wide range of themes in the field of environmental toxicology and genetic toxicology.
Our key research accomplishments are:
- contribution to fundamental mechanisms of genotoxicity and toxicity
- development and applications of assays and biomarkers to evaluate potential detrimental effects of environmental agents at different levels of biological organisation (i.e. molecules to individual levels)
- applications of ‘omics’ technologies in environmental toxicological studies
- promotion of 3R’s principles in fish ecotoxicology
- hazard and risk assessment with respect to human and ecosystem health
- promotion of multidisciplinary research
- research work highly relevant to industries.
Our work has been funded by different agencies including UK research Councils (e.g. NERC, BBSRC), European Union, Scientific, charitable organisations, UK government and multinational industries.
Our research is supported by well-established collaborations at local, national and international levels. We are always interested in receiving enquiries from potential collaborators.
For more information please contact Professor Awadhesh Jha.