Dr Martha Paisi
Senior Research Fellow in Oral Health Inequalities
Peninsula Dental School (Faculty of Health: Medicine, Dentistry and Human Sciences)
- Paisi M, Kay E, Bennett C, Kaimi I, Witton R, Nelder R & Lapthorne D. Body mass index and dental caries in young people: a systematic review. BMC Pediatrics. 2019; 19: 1.
- Paisi M, Kay E, Plessas A, Burns L, Quinn C, Brennan N & White S. Barriers and enablers to accessing dental services for people experiencing homelessness: A systematic review. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology. 2019: 47(2): 103-111.
- Paisi M, Kay E, Kaimi I, Witton R, Nelder R, Potterton R & Lapthorne D. Obesity and caries in four-to-six year old English children: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health. 2018; 18: 267.
- Paisi M, Kay E, Kaimi I, Witton R, Nelder R, Christophi C & Lapthorne D. Obesity and dental caries in young children in Plymouth, United Kingdom: A Spatial Analysis. Community Dental Health.2018; 35 (1), pp 58-64.
- Kay E & Paisi M. Essentials of Global Health. In Babulal, S and Kumar, P (eds): Global Dental Health. Poland: Elsevier, 2018: 215-218.
- Christophi C, Pampaka D, Paisi M, Ioannou S and DiFranza JR. Levels of physical dependence on tobacco among adolescent smokers in Cyprus. Addictive Behaviors. 2016; 60: 148-153.
- Savvides ECG, Christophi CA, Paisi M, Pampaka D, Kinnunen T and Connolly GN Factors associated with intent to quit tobacco use in Cyprus adolescents. Preventive Medicine. 2014; 60: 83-87.
- Christophi CA, Paisi M, Pampaka D, Kehagias M, Vardavas C and Connolly GN. The impact of the Cyprus comprehensive smoking ban on air quality and economic business of hospitality venues. BMC Public Health. 2013; 13 :76.
- Makris KC, Christophi CA, Paisi M, Ettinger AS. A preliminary assessment of low level arsenic exposure and diabetes mellitus in Cyprus. BMC Public Health. 2012; 12:334.
- Sleap M, Elliot B, Paisi M and Reed H. The Lifestyle of Affluent Young People Aged 9-15 years: A Case Study. J Phys Act Health. 2007; 4(4):459-468.
- Nakano E, Taiwo F A, Nugent D, Griffiths HR, Aldred S, Paisi M, Kwok M, Bhatt P, Hill MHE, Moat S and Powers H J. Downstream effects on human low densitylipoprotein of homocysteine exported from endothelial cells in an in vitro system. J. Lipid Res. 2005; 46:484-493.