- e-learning and digital literacy
- Medical education and assessment
- Education for sustainable development
- Learning outside formal education
- Voice, inclusion and participation
- Early childhood
- Professional theory and practice
- Outdoor and experiential learning
- Science and mathematics education
- Developmental disability research and education
- Dental education
PhD Education (Full-time, Part-time route available)
Professional Doctorate in Education (EdD) (Part-time)
MPhil/PhD Dental Studies (Full-time, Part-time route available)
MPhil/PhD Medical Studies (Full-time, Part-time route available)
ResM Dental Studies (Full-time, Part-time route available)
ResM Medical Studies (Full-time, Part-time route available)
Find out about the ongoing research at the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, including our Collaboration for the Advancement of Medical Education Research and Assessment (CAMERA) group.
Postgraduate Research Coordinators
If you are thinking about becoming a postgraduate researcher at the University of Plymouth, you are welcome to contact the Postgraduate Research Coordinators in your field of interest.
They will discuss potential supervisors with you and answer any questions you might have about embarking on a research degree in their research area.Find out who to contact and how they can help you
How to apply for a research degree
Do you need more information about admissions requirements?
We offer a wide variety of degrees, including ResM research degrees, Professional Doctorates, MPhil and PhD doctorate opportunities.Find more information and how to apply