The University works with education and commercial organisations to extend and enhance opportunities for students and organisations in the UK and globally.
We seek to develop strategic relationships with partner institutions of scale and significance, which have strategic importance or potential to the University within the UK and in Transnational Education. As the changing HE environment develops we are also deliberately seeking ways to ensure maximum mutual benefit with our regional Further Education Colleges.
Our UK, Channel Island and International partners
UK and Channel Islands
Bridgwater and Taunton College, Bridgwater, Somerset, UK
City of Bristol College, Bristol, UK
Royal Marines School of Music (RMSoM), Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK
Hellenic National Defence College (HNDC), Greece
What we do
The management and development of new and existing UK and international collaborative institutional partnerships. The strategic development of quality assurance and enhancement.
- We want to support the creation, development and sustainability of high quality partnerships with organisations that advance the University of Plymouth's reputation and deliver academic excellence.
- To be an enterprising, multi-skilled and integrated team delivering the academic partnerships strategy - for the development, management and quality oversight of regional, national and international academic partnerships.
- To support faculties and schools to deliver that strategy.
Our ethos and values
We value partnership as a means of providing inclusive, high quality student learning opportunities in the UK and internationally. We do this through:
- a successful approach to partnership working that's not only built on research-informed practice, but extensively and externally evaluated, too
- proactively developing higher education collaborations that extend the unique University offer across the UK and internationally
- programmes that are co-designed, co-delivered and co-monitored for quality with partners
- a collegiate approach to partnership, governance and management
- our outstanding student opportunities. These are available 24/7 and embrace the concept of the edgeless campus
- a commitment to supporting all aspects of the student learning experience
- excellence in research and support for business development
- a commitment to capacity building, supporting staff through research and scholarly activity
- supporting pedagogic innovations through collaborative relationships and shared resources.
The key element of our strategy is to grow and focus partnership delivery to expand income diversification and contribution to the University’s sustainability. This includes identifying and building new academic partnerships that align with (the 2030) this strategy.
The University of Plymouth has a long tradition of working in partnership with other institutions to deliver Higher Education opportunities. While we welcome proposals from the UK and internationally to extend our range of partnerships, every year we receive many such opportunities to consider.
Information for students
Are you a current student at a partner institution?
We've collated the key information you need to know