Plymouth Business School is part of the University of Plymouth's Faculty of Business. It has four departments of Accounting, Economics and Finance; International Shipping, Logistics and Operations; People, Marketing and Entrepreneurship; and Tourism and Hospitality. The School offers undergraduate and postgraduate (masters) degrees, is research active and works in partnership with industry and organisations across the world.
Professor Jingjing Xu, Head of School, Plymouth Business School
Welcome to Plymouth Business School
I welcome you to join our staff, student and business community and our globally informed and influential alumni network.
Our purpose is to inspire and enable students, staff, alumni and communities to achieve their full potential.
We do this through quality and authenticity in our teaching and research and through our national and international partnerships.
We aim to provide our graduates with a memorable and exceptional student experience, enabling them to maximise their success in their chosen career.
Professor Jingjing Xu
Head of School
Looking for foundation level entry to Business courses?
The following foundation level courses are currently being updated for a 2019/20 start:
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (2 year fast track and 3 year course) with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Economics with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Events Management with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Marketing with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Business and Logistics with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Business and Maritime Law with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Tourism and Hospitality Management with Foundation Year
Look out for further details here and on our UCAS pages.
If you are interested in hearing more about these developments, let us know at email@example.com and we'll keep you up to date.
Plymouth Business School events
Plymouth Business School news
- Bullying and harassment in the NHS could be costing billions 24 October 2018
- Research reveals 'crucial' importance of gender balance in bank boards 20 July 2018
- Students impress BETA judges in pitch for start-up funding 22 May 2018
- Academics help enhance graduate employment in Africa 23 April 2018
- University teams up with leading South West restaurateur 20 April 2018
Journal of Research Studies in Business and Management
The Journal of Research Studies in Business and Management is an open access journal founded in 2015, which is devoted to publishing the very best undergraduate business projects produced by students from Plymouth’s Faculty of Business.
We are committed to excellent research and teaching and are proud that our undergraduate students are able to produce some excellent research, which is relevant, interesting and insightful. This journal will showcase the very best student research projects produced each year.
View current issue – Volume 3 (2017)